Nearly everyone enjoys a fresh-squeezed lemonade or a slice of lemon in their water. But there are many other uses for the sour-puss fruit.
- Mix it with baking soda for a quick, easy, eco-friendly, and inexpensive scouring solution.
- Mix with with water or suck on a lemon wedge to freshen bad breath and kill odor-causing bacteria in your mouth.
- Mix up your own scrub with lemon zest, sugar, and olive oil to slough away dead skin on your elbows, ankles, and knees.
- Lighten your hair by mixing a touch of lemon juice with your favorite conditioner. Just apply to your hair before you head out in the sun.
- Fix a bad self-tan by rubbing a lemon half over any streaky areas where your self-tanner ran amock.
- Make your nails pretty again … particularly if their yellowed. Just soak your fingertips in lemon juice for five minutes.
And finally, Reader’s Digest has come up with 34 reasons you should keep an ample supply of lemons on hand (hint: one involves your fireplace!).
photo credit: Yellow.Cat