Teriyaki Meatball Kabobs
My kids love kabobs. There is just something about food on a stick that makes them love it that much better. They would be crazy for food trucks if we didn’t live in the suburbs. Thankfully, they have no idea what food trucks are or know not of street food.
But, they have had kabobs on the grill at home. We usually make them with steak, cut up and marinated in Italian dressing, skewered and alternated with an assortment of veggies. This recipe is a little more kid friendly and it can be made inside in the broiler during cold weather.
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 12 skewers
- 14 ounces turkey meatballs, precooked
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 fresh mushroom pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 large onion (optional)
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- On each skewer, alternately thread meatballs, pepper, cherry tomato, mushroom and pineapple.
- Coat with teriyaki sauce.
- Grill (or broil) until all sides are lightly caramelized.
- Serve with additional teriyaki sauce.
These can also be frozen and grilled or broiled at a later date. I like to double the recipe and freeze half. It is so easy to just pull them out of the freezer, thaw and throw on the grill.
The kids think its a great treat, it’s fun to eat for the kids and it is super easy for the busy mom.
What is your favorite recipe to make ahead of time?
Photo Source: VictoriaFee