I was reading my monthly Weight WatcherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s magazine when I stumbled on the photo of the most decadent desert that IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve seen in awhile. I thought to myself, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s in Weight WatcherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s magazine so how bad can it be. Honestly, I more than stumbled; I was stopped dead in my tracks by this photo.
The recipe is for raspberry-chocolate shortbread bars. Can you say, OMG! My mouth is watering just reading the recipe. I had to share it here because I know we all can use a good sinful dessert after a particularly long day with the kids, especially if it is semi-healthy.
Courtesy of Weight Watchers, I give you the recipe for Raspberry-Chocolate Shortbread bars. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did. Oh yeah, because you know I had to make it.
Prep: 25 minutes Bake/Microwave: 40 minutes Serves:30
- 2 c low-fat buttermilk baking mix
- Ã‚Â½ c packed brown sugar
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 TBSP fat-free milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can fat-free sweet condensed milk
- 1 1/4 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 TBSP chopped pecans
- 1/3 c seedless raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 9 x 13-inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Whisk baking mix, brown sugar and butter in large bowl.
- For topping, transfer Ã‚Â¼ c to small bowl.
- For crust, drizzle milk over remaining mixture; stir until evenly moistened. Press evenly in pan to cover bottom. Bake until edges are brown, 15 minutes.
- For filling, microwave condensed milk and 1 c chips in large microwavable bowl on high 1- 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until chips are melted. Spread evenly over hot crust.
- Stir pecans into topping; sprinkle over filling.
- Add jam by Ã‚Â½ teaspoonfuls over topping, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle topping with remaining Ã‚Â¼ c chips. Bake until filling is set, 25 minutes. Cool. Lift from pan using foil. Cut into 30 bars. Enjoy.
The calories in 1 bar are 171 and the point value is 5. Sounds like the perfect sweet treat for a mommy who needs a little afternoon pick me up.
WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s your favorite indulgent treat?Ã‚Â
Photo Source: Ginnerobot
Recipe via Weight Watchers Magazine p.86