Red Light Green Light is an active game that is not only fun Ã¢â‚¬â€œ it helps to develop both listening and response skills. Distantly related to Simon Says, you may remember this from childhood.
The trick is to be ready to freeze instantly when red light is called. Any number of players of almost any age can play this simple game. I remember that my Brownie troop leader used to end meetings with this game because it kept us busy until our parents came to pick us up!
How to Play
YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll need at least four players.
- Designate one player as Ã¢â‚¬Å“ItÃ¢â‚¬Â.
- Line the other players 15 to 25 feet away from Ã¢â‚¬Å“ItÃ¢â‚¬Â in a horizontal line. Use the smaller distance for younger children or quicker games.
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“ItÃ¢â‚¬Â turns his back to the players and calls out, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Green light!Ã¢â‚¬Â He remains facing away from the players.
- The players move as quickly as they can toward Ã¢â‚¬Å“ItÃ¢â‚¬Â.
- At his own discretion Ã¢â‚¬Å“ItÃ¢â‚¬Â calls out, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Red light!Ã¢â‚¬Â and quickly turns around.
- Any player that Ã¢â‚¬Å“ItÃ¢â‚¬Â catches moving must go back to the starting line.
- The process is repeated until someone tags Ã¢â‚¬Å“ItÃ¢â‚¬Â and then they become Ã¢â‚¬Å“ItÃ¢â‚¬Â in a new game.
photo credit: edenpictures