There are times that you just donâ€™t want to bake but the kids are asking for cookies or some sweet treat. No bake cookies are the perfect answer â€“ they are easy, you donâ€™t have to heat the kitchen up baking them, and best of all, they are fast.
The flavor is very chocolaty and chewy with a little crunch â€“ just like Krispy Treats only with the added luxury of chocolate. These are so easy to make. Just press the hot mixture into a greased, 9 x 9 inch pan. Â Let them cool and then cut into squares. If you want to get really fancy you can dip half the bar into melted chocolate and then sprinkle with colored jimmies.
Another great idea is to press the mixture thinly into a lipped cookie sheet. Let cool and then cut into equal sized squares. Place your favorite ice cream on one square, top with the second and push down gently to spread the ice cream. Freeze them until ready to eat.
Give them a try. More than likely they will soon be on your cookie recipe â€œAâ€ list.
Yield: about 12 bars
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups chocolate crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cereal and the chocolate chips until well coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Press firmly into a greased 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares.
Do you have any no bake cookies that you like to make?
photo credit: marye audet