If you’re currently pregnant, do you have the pregnancy “glow”? If you’ve been pregnant previously, did you have it?
I had a glow, but it wasn’t due to pregnancy. It was due to overexertion from shoving too many desserts in my mouth for 8 months straight!
I jest, but just a little. I definitely struggled with looking my very best during pregnancy, and looked enviously upon other pregnant women who seemed to look perfect and be dressed to the nines.
I was reading this article about fashionable maternity looks , which had some great tips about how to stay on trend while pregnant.
And I started thinking: if I had to do it all over again, how would I keep my hotness factor alive when pregnant?
Here are some of my tips.
1. Invest wisely in maternity clothes. When I was buying maternity clothes for the first time, I made the mistake of buying only for comfort and not for cuteness. If budget permits, invest in a few pieces that will make you lookÂ fabulous on the outside – especially when you feel like a hippo on the inside.
2. Consider longevity. If you plan to have more than one child, you can definitely justify the additional expense in getting some fashionable maternity wear.
3. Borrow from a friend! Talk to your girlfriends who have recently been pregnant. It’s likely they have a few great pieces they can let you borrow for special events or a night out with your man.
4. It’s not just the clothes. Sometimes, it’s not just about the clothes. Getting a new haircut (nothing drastic or you’ll cry. Trust me!), a mani-pedi or a relaxing massage can do wonders. And don’t forget shoes. We all know what shoes can do for a gal’s state of mind!
5. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. I got really bummed out reading maternity magazines and seeing images of pregnant women totally glammed up. Don’t feel like you have to keep up that image 24/7. It’s likely you’ve got morning sickness. You’re bloated. You don’t feel 100% all the time. Give yourself a break. Work to look really good when it matters to you.
6. Embrace a change in style. The fit or styles you wore before getting pregnant may not be the most flattering for you during pregnancy. While you may love your skinny jeans, they might not be all that comfortable or attractive when you’re in your third tri! Embrace the opportunity to change up what you wear.
Hopefully you, too, can keep the hotness factor alive while pregnant!